The Long-Term Travel Guide
UPDATE: This book has been released. You can check it out here
Quick announcement: the new book I previously mentioned is being put on hold for the moment because I am pursuing an agent and then a publisher. That means there’s going to be a long process of query letters, book proposals, etc. This will take a while and no telling how long. Once I’ve exhausted all of my avenues, if nothing comes through then I will return to self-publishing it.
In the meantime, I’ve kind of spontaneously taken on another project: a guide to long-term travel.
I’ve gotten more and more questions over the past year about living abroad, making money online, how I afford to live in another country, how much it costs, how I meet people and make friends, how I decide where to go, etc., etc. And with all of the new readers interested in travel it seems like an easy and quick fit.
I’m about halfway through the first draft. Here are a few things you can expect:
- How to find cheap airfare to anywhere in the world.
- Where to stay, how to find apartments and hotel rooms for affordable rates.
- The in’s and out’s of backpacking, what to expect, how to do it well.
- A brief guide to airline mileage and how you can easily earn free round trip tickets.
- Regional guides for Latin America, Southeast Asia, Western Europe, Eastern Europe and North America.
- Which languages are the most useful and how to learn them quickly.
- How to integrate yourself into a new culture and make new friends in a brand new city.
- What you should do about banks, currencies, credit cards, visas, insurance and other boring paperwork.
- Information about finding job opportunities or volunteer opportunities abroad.
- How to make your money stretch a long way while traveling.
- How and why you should pack less.
- The basics of passive income and how much you need to start the location-independent lifestyle.
- And more…
There’s also a huge announcement that will coincide with the release of the guide and I think you all are going to piss yourselves when you see it.
No word on a release date. I’d say we’re still at least a month away. But since the process for the new book is going to stretch out into next year and beyond, I figured I should bang this one out for you guys in the meantime.
You can stay up on all new info and announcements by putting your email into the list below. If there’s anything specific you’d love to see in the travel guide, please mention it in the comments below.
Learn how to find discount airfare, furnished apartments, and everything else you need to travel the world.
Whether you want to become an expat, become location independent or just take a really long holiday, Escape Plan can help you achieve your travel dreams.