It’s been almost two years to the day that I released Models. At the time, I ran a marginal, but growing, pick up blog. When I wrote the book, the thought of introducing the concepts of neediness, vulnerability, and polarization to the industry scared the crap out of me. It was like no other men’s advice written before. I knew it had the power to change everything, but also the power to submarine my career and reputation.
But the content was, ironically, honest. It was what had transformed my life and so I trusted in its ability to transform others.
As promised, here is the latest and final revision to Models. More was cut from this edition than added, mainly because I felt some of the advice was either out-dated, long-winded, or just flat out wrong. The final revision of Models comes in at a cool 296 pages.
The goals with this final revision were to streamline the entire book, update some of the concepts early on in the book, and use terminology that is a bit easier to understand and more easily translatable into other languages. I also removed a lot of specific references to PUA. When I released the book in 2011, most people who bought it were PUA-types, but now the majority of people who buy it have no PUA experience so it doesn’t make sense to focus on them so much in Chapters 1 and 2.
If you’ve bought the ebook version of Models, you will automatically be emailed an updated version today. If for whatever reason, you don’t get an email (i.e., you bought the book a long time ago and aren’t in our records anymore) then please send a copy of your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send a new copy of the book to you. ANY type of receipt is acceptable (Paypal, Clickbank, even Amazon) for an updated PDF copy of the book.
Kindle users will be able to update to the new version. But since Amazon drags their feet, look for it some time early next week. You should get an email from Amazon about it when it’s ready to be updated.
The hard copy version of the book on Amazon will also be updated some time next week. But obviously I can’t send everyone a new copy of the book. So if you bought the hard copy and want a version of the new PDF, just send your Amazon receipt to the email address above.
List of changes in the Final Revision:
- New cover art.
- Added a couple paragraphs to the Introduction to clarify the book’s purpose.
- Deleted the entire PUA section from Chapter 1
- Changed “non-neediness” to “True Confidence” and “Fake Alpha Males” to “False Confidence.” Neediness, in general, is now referred to as a lack of confidence or false confidence. The definition of the concept is exactly the same. Re-wrote and revised almost all of Chapter 2.
- PUA tactics are now referred to as “Performance” behaviors towards women. Added explanation of why performance is not confident nor attractive.
- Eliminated the idea that men must always be less invested than women for a relationship to be healthy.
- Added the examples from Vulnerability and Manipulative Women to Chapter 3.
- Revised many examples to minimize the focus on cold approaching in bars/clubs.
- Revised parts of Chapters 6 and 8 to emphasize that rejection represents incompatibility not inadequacy.
- Added more good places to meet women in Chapter 8.
- Drastically shortened the sections on fitness and nutrition in Chapter 9. I’m no expert and god knows you can find more information than you’d ever need online.
- Cut out the section about being well-read in Chapter 9.
- Deleted the Stereotypes and Responsibility section from Chapter 10 because it was redundant and repetitive.
- Cut out a lot of PUA’ish stuff from Chapter 11.
- Rewrote my explanations of flirting in Chapter 11. Instead of describing breaking rapport, I explained sexual tension and how it’s generated. Ultimately I think it’s a much less theoretical and practical concept than breaking rapport was.
- Expanded a bit on approaching and first impressions in Chapter 12.
All in all, I deleted about 20 pages and added about 10 pages. And, of course, dozens more of the infamous typos and grammatical flubs were fixed. I really think this is Models in its final form. It’s now written in such a way that any man, anywhere in the world, could pick it up and understand its concepts and see how they apply to his life and situation without it being too theoretical. As mentioned previously, I plan on translating it into a few languages later this year and pushing it to an international audience.
So look for a PDF in your inbox later today. If it doesn’t show up, simply email your receipt to email@example.com and we’ll get you set up. Look for Amazon updates early next week.
And obviously, if you’d like to buy the book for the first time, now is an excellent time to do it. You can do so here.