Likes Given: 282
Likes Received: 314 in 168 posts
Joined: Nov 2011
RE: Literature, Books, and such we should read
Well, just to go out of the usual self-help, psychology topics related somehow with PUA, there are some books I read just to have a little cultural background:
- The Art of War. Tzun Zu. Pretty interesting, specially when you think it was written two millennium ago. Is short and easy to read.
- The Count of Monte Cristo. Alexandre Dumas. Terrific... it is a great story and although it is pretty long you get sucked into the history.
- The Prince. Niccolò Machiavelli. I didn't particularly enjoy it, but... you know, its Machiavello after all.
- The Trial, The Metamorphosis. Franz Kafka. I wanted to read something form Kafka, just to know the style and what all that fuss is about. I have mixed feelings... I enjoyed them but it so fucked up... It's a must read
- The Lord of the Rings. J.R.R Tolkien. I consider it a must... even if you don't like fantasy.
- Sophie's World. Jostein Gaarder. Best introduction to philosophy I've read. It doesn't go into details but it gives you an overview in a very entertaining way of all the major philosophers in history.
- Understanding Paintings. Alexander Sturgis. This was a result of my interest for paintings. I wanted to know a little bit about it so I went out to find a good book. What's great about this book is the structure of each chapter, where you get an introduction to the specific trends of the period and then and analysis of the most famous paintings of that period, which greatly helps you understand the period, the painting and the artist.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2012 12:42 PM by Chaos.)
|04-20-2012 12:41 PM