Update: The book has been released. Learn more here

As mentioned previously, my new book on long-term, extended travel Escape Plan: Ditch the Rat Race, Discover the World, Live Better with Less will be released this Wednesday, October 24th, at 12:00PM EST.

Also, as previously mentioned, there is a big-time contest being rolled out with the launch, which will be announced Wednesday when the book goes on sale. In the meantime, to keep your mouth salivated, here are the Table of Contents of the new book:

***********

Introduction

Chapter 1: Priorities
- Considering What You Own
- The Golden Rule

Chapter 2: Nuts and Bolts of World Travel
- Passports and Visas
- Insurance
- Cell Phones
- Bank Accounts and Currencies
- International Calls and Mail
- Electricity/Adapters
- Prescriptions, Vaccinations, and Medications
- When Things Go Wrong

Chapter 3: How to Fly for Cheap (Or Free)
- Gaming the System

Chapter 5: Your Escape Plan
- Vacations, Gap Years and Sabbaticals
- Study Abroad
- Volunteering and Teaching
- Work Abroad
- Working Remotely and Passive Income
- How Much Money Do I Need?

Chapter 6: Regional Guides

- Hagglers and Scammers

Chapter 9: Personal Growth Through Travel
- The Altitude Effect
- Homesickness and Relationships
- Perspective and Humility
- Chasing After the Rush

The book is approximately 172 pages (depending on how you’re reading it) and has over 110 hyperlinks to specific travel information and resources to help you plan a trip to change your life.

See you back here on Wednesday.

See The World; Here’s How

Learn how to find discount airfare, furnished apartments, and everything else you need to travel the world.

Whether you want to become an expat, become location independent or just take a really long holiday, Escape Plan can help you achieve your travel dreams.

34 Responses to “Escape Plan” Table of Contents

1. Joel says:

Mobi? PDF? How will this be released?

2. aNTONIO says:

Great job Mark, looks interesting.

Can’t wait for more details.

3. Stan says:

I’m very exited about this book, Mark. I think that’s a great move on your part to take Postmasculine to new horizons.
    Will there be a Kindle version ?

• Mark Manson says:

Yes, but not immediately upon release. Probably in a few weeks.

• Jeff says:

Hey Mark, I purchase most, if not all, of the books I read for my Amazon Kindle. How can I get a copy of your book. Will it be hard copy, PDF file, or some other type?
        I am looking forward to reading it and absorbing every word of brilliance, and would like to start applying it as soon as possible. I live in the mountains and am hoping to avoid the inevitable abominable winter that is quickly taking over here. The reason I ask is so I can forecast any delay I might be subjected to if I can’t read your book in 2 days from now. Also I believe a congratulations is in order. I absolutely loved Models and have been enjoying your blog for only a short few weeks now. I can’t wait to read this next one!

4. Brian says:

I’m wicked excited about the release of this book. I am taking break from school of sorts after the end of this semester and plan on using this book to help me with extended traveling.

5. Mike says:

Considering your work is written (extraordinarily passionately) with a predominantly male readership in mind, Mark, is Escape Plan more palatable for men than women, or will this be your first book appealing to both sexes about equally?

• Mark Manson says:

As far as I can tell, it’s completely gender neutral.

A large % of this book is about the practicalities of long-term travel — where to make your money, how to save money, how to find good deals, what to buy/sell, etc. All of that stuff is gender neutral.

Gender (and race) differences in cultures are mentioned a bit in the regional guides, but not delved into deeply.

6. mike says:

Great thanks mark!

7. Schmechti says:

Awesome Mark. Can’t wait for it. Hope there will be a paypal option to buy the book.

8. BENJAMIN says:

Looking forward to this book! Plan on doing some backpacking across Europe once Im done school

9. NICK says:

You should consider pre-orders for your next book in the week (or two) leading up to release day.

10. Any tips for preparing for the big-time contest?

11. Wow, that sounds real good. I’ll get my Kindle Paperwhite next week so I will order it asap.

Cheers,

Neil

12. SexyBack says:

Oh gawd, this announcement tomorrow… you’ve gone and got yourself engaged?!

13. Joseph says:

Hi is this suited for all people from all countrirs, only developed countries, usa?
    Like will this book still help me if I am from italy, south africa or china? Espacially the passport and insurance sections?

14. Kelly says:

This looks great. :)

15. rem says:

Looking forward to reading this, this book comes out at the perfect time for me right now, funny how the universe works

16. Santiago says:

We need a Kindle version!

17. Paul T says:

Sounds awesome Mark, I’m very interested to see your regional guides for the Middle East / Africa, I’m planning Saudi Arabia at some point in the near future…

18. andrew says:

Excited…will the concepts work for Canadians with airfare and everything?

19. T says:

The rat race, the constant gnawing of having had or lost some infinite thing :-)

20. Duende says:

Sorry for sounding blunt, but how would you convince a potential buyer that your book stands apart from the dozens other similar publications, let alone the hundred sites, portals and forums that provide that information for free?

Thanks.