UPDATE: The book has been released. Check it out here

Mark your calendars. The anticipated “Travel Book” which I announced a few weeks ago is imminent. The title: Escape Plan: Ditch the Rat Race, Discover the World, Live Better for Less. Release date: October 24th, 2012.

A few of the subjects covered: cheap airfare, visas and permanent residency, quitting your job without going broke, finding job opportunities abroad, making friends in other cultures, finding unknown attractions, avoiding tourist traps, travel safety, best credit cards and bank accounts, dealing with currency exchanges without getting ripped off, learning languages quickly, strange food, best beaches, funny travel stories, how to not get robbed or raped, and much more.

For those who don’t know, I have been traveling the world for the past three and a half years, visiting almost 50 countries, speaking multiple languages and having some wild adventures along the way. The book is a guide to long-term travel based on everything I’ve learned. Whether you want to take a year-long sabbatical, a gap year, go backpacking for six months, take an extended vacation, start an online business or find a job abroad, this book is designed to be your road map (no pun intended).

Price is yet to be determined, but it should be in the typical ebook range (i.e., affordable). It will come with three bonuses. And there will be a launch contest which will likely make your jaw hit the floor. If you were around for the internship announcement, think along those lines.

I will release the book cover, table of contents, price, and some excerpts between now and launch date. Sign up for the email list (in the red box at the top of the front page or the grey box above the comments section) to be kept up-to-date on the release and any news. I’ll be sending info out to the mailing list that I don’t post on the blog, so definitely get on it if you’re not. I have a few PDF’s and articles I send out to you as well. And I never spam.

Very excited about this one, and you should be too!

Also: If you have a website or list and are interested in becoming an affiliate for the new book, shoot me an email.

See The World; Here’s How

Learn how to find discount airfare, furnished apartments, and everything else you need to travel the world.

Whether you want to become an expat, become location independent or just take a really long holiday, Escape Plan can help you achieve your travel dreams.

29 Responses to “Escape Plan” Release Date: Oct. 24th

1. Jean says:

Forgive me if my memory is wrong… but didn’t you say you had an announce to make when you were close to releasing this book? I mean, i remember something huge you were going to say back in summer… something even more awesome then the interns…?

2. Robert says:

When will you release the other book (about your personal development)?
    Do you already have a fixed date for it?

• Mark Manson says:

That one is on the shelf at the moment. I have two books that are basically written in my head and outlined on paper, and a an idea for a third. One of them, I am currently talking to agents about the prospect of publishing it through a mainstream publisher. The other two, of which one is a book about my personal development, I’m not sure yet.

I plan on releasing this travel book, taking about a month to do a lot of reading/writing/thinking, and then make some big decisions towards the end of the year.

• The Notorious Phd says:

This is exciting news – looking forward to new book!

Also, here’s a bit of online peer-pressure towards publishing your personal development book ;)

I think that would be a mad interesting read. Plus, maybe it’s revering the unknown, but I’m damn curious about Jesus John.

3. NICK says:

This is perfect timing for me. I’ve long been planning to live the location independent lifestyle, and my big goal for next year is achieving this. My plan is to build up a freelance business to the point where I can quit my current job and start travelling around the poor (and cheap) areas of the world.

This is going to sound a little strange/fanboyish since I got the idea from a blog posting of Mark years ago, but my first stop is going to be the Muay Thai gym in Ruwai. I read some books that made me dead set on living a life of travel and adventure, and soon after I read Mark’s blog post. Spending a couple of months training Muay Thai in a place half way around the globe will be the coolest introduction to the lifestyle I can think of.

The most important questions I am working on is, how much will I need to start (I’m thinking save €2000-€3000 and then I’ll book the flight), what amount of income will I need to live this life indefinitely (roughly €500 a month minimum), how will I balance the work + play dynamic, what new challenges must I overcome to work as a freelancer on the road, and lots more :)

This book is going to be a day1 must-read for me.

4. James says:

Please, please, please let it be an epub version!

5. J says:

Sounds great. I love travel. There is nothing else in my life that I spend so much money on. Have been traveling extensively for the last few years. I’m looking forward to the book.

6. Daniel says:

I’m really looking forward to this one Mark! I’m working towards moving out to Canada for 12 months as soon as I can. Need to get out of the UK! Anyway man I can’t wait and the competition sounds exciting as well!

7. Patron of corona says:

Hey Mark, I saw this new scientific study on sexual attraction and I thought you might be interested in it :)

This book has a much better title than the first one. (no offense).
    Given the traffic from your America article… I predict big sales.

Get that shit on amazon stat.

9. Traindom says:

Part of me is super psyched for this launch contest, and part of me is frustrated that I probably won’t be able to take advantage of it because of college, :’[.

I love the title of your book. It’s really catchy. It has a lot of “Pow!” and “Zing!” It’s really appealing. Good choice of words.

10. SIlvvy says:

I´ve been reading for a couple of months but this is my first post. All the insightful and thoughtful comments have intimidated me. Anywho, congrats Mark on the travel book! I´´ll pick it up. I´ve been living in Argentina for a year and a half and I recently quit my job here. I have some money saved but it´s time to think again about what I want. I take it you are more of a beach person than a mountain person?

11. Hey Mark, will you offer special offers in the future like buy the Style Guide and the Travel book together and get a discount? (I am interested in both of them)

12. Johan says:

Will Jesus John be in this, or is that for another book?

13. [...] lieu of the upcoming launch of Escape Plan, I wanted to post a brilliant piece of writing. In spite of having been to almost 50 countries, the [...]

14. Sebastian says:

Hey Mark,
    That book sounds really awesome!
    Question: How do I get on the mailing list. I used to be on it, but at some point I didn’t receive any mails anymore. Maybe I accidentally unsubscribed?
    Now I don’t remember how I got on that mailing list in the first place.

15. DEREK says:

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to its release

16. [...] mentioned previously, my new book on long-term, extended travel Escape Plan: Ditch the Rat Race, Discover the World, [...]

17. [...] anticipation of the upcoming launch of Escape Plan, I wanted to post a brilliant piece of writing. In spite of having been to almost 50 countries, the [...]